Newton Community League endeavours to provide a preschool program that will provide opportunities for children to grow, develop, and gain confidence in themselves and their abilities. The program emphasizes learning through play because play is so important for children’s development.
The Newton Preschool program runs from September to May in the basement of the Newton Community Centre.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8:45am – 11am
Tuesday & Thursday
8:45am – 11am
* Subsidies available ask for details *
For further Information contact: email@example.com
The program is planned using a theme approach with most themes lasting two to four weeks. Each theme has some of the following: group activities, songs, finger plays, poems, games, puppetry, art activities, learning activities, and stories. If children are interested in an additional topic, their natural curiosity and eagerness to learn is encouraged with activities around that topic.
- learning through play
- kindergarten readiness is covered through activities based on this theme
- program includes activity centres for creative play, themes, field trips, stories, art, music, movement, and games
- spacious, bright room
- experienced, enthusiastic teacher with B Ed
- teacher’s aide, no parent duty days required
- parent involvement welcomed, recommended to be at 6-week intervals
Helping In Class
There is a classroom helper each day, which means there are no required duty days. Parents are invited to attend with their child from time to time to participate in their class.
- There is a registration fee due at the time of registration.
- The fees are dependent upon the program chosen.
- There is a government subsidy for stay-at-home parents, for those who qualify.
- Parents who work part time may also be eligible for the government subsidy.
- High-income families are not eligible for government subsidy.
Post-dated cheques for the year are required. These are due the first class.