Newton Community League’s membership year runs from September 1 to August 31. Although memberships are available throughout the year, renewals commence in August of each year and a valid membership is required to allow participation in most events and programs.
If you need more information regarding membership, please call our Membership Director at (780) 479-4767 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a full member of Newton Community League, you must live within the league boundaries: North of 118th avenue and South of Yellowhead Trail (Freeway), West of 50th Street and East of 58th Street.
Affiliate Memberships are available to allow non-residents to participate in certain community events and programs.
Benefits of Membership
- Voting rights and participation at all league meetings.
- Community programs and social events.
- Rental of the hall and rink facilities at preferential rates.
- Community League membership is mandatory in order to participate in city league sports programs.
- Community swim arrangements at the Commonwealth pool facility.
Current Major Initiatives
- Newton Community Revitalization Initiative (NCRI) the redevelopment of this mature neighborhood and examination of transportation issues within this community.
- Community Hall upgrading.
- The continued upgrading of our outdoor rink and related facilities.
- Playground equipment upgrading.
- Preservation and recognition of historical Newton.
- Neighbourhood Patrol Program
- Creating new programs to encourage community participation.
If you are interested in obtaining a membership or more information regarding membership, please contact our Membership Director at email@example.com